73-Year-Old Woman Injured in Car Crash On Crosswalk

A 73-year-old woman was seriously injured after she was struck by a car on a crosswalk along West Indiantown Road in Jupiter.

Jup cop car 109

A senior citizen was hospitalized with serious injuries after she was struck by a car along West Indiantown Road in Jupiter. Police say the 73-year-old woman was using a crosswalk when a white Hyundai Accent rammed into her.

The driver of the Hyundai Accent was said to be traveling eastbound on West Indiantown Road. He supposedly didn’t notice an elderly couple crossing the road in front of him. He struck one of them with his car barely missing the other companion.

The 73-year-old woman was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

“He just came out from nowhere and refused to take his foot off the gas,” said a driver who witnessed the crash.

The driver of the Hyundai Accent was not hurt in the crash. He has been detained by the police for questioning. Substance abuse has been cited as a factor in the crash. Police is conducting a full investigation into the crash.


Accident attorney Jason Weisser of Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller and Overbeck responded to this unfortunate crash. “This is a serious accident involving one vehicle which ultimately sent one person to the hospital in critical condition. We wish the victims a quick recovery and hope the investigators can quickly determine what caused the accident. Please be careful and obey the speed limits whenever you are driving a car, motorcycle, SUV, or truck. We hope that all parties involved consult with an experienced trial lawyer. If you have been injured in an accident, call my office for a free consultation and find out what your rights are.”

Traffic and Accident News Provided By Traffic Center News (

Powered by WPeMatico


Top 25 Logo
American Association For Justice Logo
10 Best 2015 Logo
Bar Register Logo
Civil Trial Logo
Florida Bar Logo
Florida Justice Logo
Florida Legal Elite Bar Logo
Peer Rated Logo
Top 100 Logo
PBCBA Membership Logo

Are you ready to speak to an attorney?