Home  >  Uncategorized  >  FHP Seeks SUV In Fatal I-95 Wreck

FHP Seeks SUV In Fatal I-95 Wreck

RIVIERA BEACH — The Florida Highway Patrol is looking for the SUV that struck a 50-year-old man as he walked on Interstate 95.

Paramedics declared the man dead at the scene, just south of Blue Heron Boulevard in Riviera Beach, according to a crash report released Monday.

FHP did not identify the man beyond listing his age and saying he was from Princeton, N.J. It stopped naming crash victims last year, saying it did so to comply with a 2018 state constitutional amendment giving crime victims and their families the right to withhold their names from public reports.

According to the crash report, the man got out of a moving vehicle in I-95’s center lane and “ran against the traffic.” Investigators said they did not know what led the man to leave the moving vehicle.

FHP described the SUV that hit him as a dark-colored Land Rover Range Rover. It veered left to avoid hitting the man but still struck him, sending him into the air and then onto the inside traffic lane, the crash report said.

The vehicle continued northbound without stopping.

Anyone who saw the crash or who has information about the SUV is asked to call FHP.

Comments:

Attorney Jason Weisser of Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller and Overbeck responded about the crash.  “Whenever you are behind the wheel of a car, please make sure you are not being distracted by texting, talking on your phone or communicating with your passengers.  If you are in an accident where someone didn’t follow the posted signs or signals, please call me so that we can discuss your rights.”

Traffic and Accident News Provided By Traffic Center News

(www.trafficcenternews.com)             


Powered by WPeMatico

Website Design for Lawyers