Establishing negligence as the cause of an accident
There is good reason for you to want to pursue financial compensation for any injury that you or a loved one sustained as the result of another’s negligence. That being said, any personal injury claim that alleges negligence as the cause of an accident will need to first establish the following basic components of negligence:
- That the responsible party had a duty, i.e. not to not drive under the influence;
- That this duty was disregarded, i.e. the responsible party was under the influence;
- That the accident was caused by this breach of duty, i.e. the accident was caused by the responsible party being under the influence;
- That this should have been an obvious consequence of breaching this duty, i.e. it is obvious that it is dangerous to drink and drive; and
- That this breach of duty caused harm, i.e. you were hurt in the accident
If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another person, you should consult with an accident attorney at Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A., about what legal action you may now be eligible to pursue. To speak with a West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer about the particular circumstances of your accident, please call our offices in at 561.689.8180 today.