Man Killed In Wrong-Way Car Crash

A man was killed when his vehicle was hit head-on by a man driving the wrong way down a busy interstate highway, reports say.

fl turn 1019

The 28-year-old dad was pronounced dead at the scene in a crash, according to the post. He was the father of an 11-year-old girl.

Police identified a 36-year-old as the driver of the wrong-way vehicle. He is charged with driving while intoxicated and vehicular manslaughter, Florida Highway Patrol officials said.

Authorities say, the 36-year-old was driving a Nissan Armada eastbound in the westbound lanes of Interstate 95 in Palm Beach County.

The 36-year-old driver first sideswiped a vehicle, which caused it to spin and get hit by another vehicle. He then hit the man’s vehicle head-on, which sent it into the path of a semi-trailer. The semi jack-knifed and hit the highway’s cement median.

The 36-year-old’s vehicle burst into flames after the crash. He survived and is in the hospital’s intensive care unit, Florida Highway Patrol officials said.

It isn’t certain what had cause the accident, but Florida Highway Patrol said alcohol or drugs may have had a part to play in the crash.


Accident attorney Jason Weisser of Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller and Overbeck responded to this unfortunate crash. “This is a serious accident resulting in a fatality. We hope the investigators can quickly determine what caused the accident. Please be careful and obey the speed limits whenever you are driving a motorcycle, car, SUV or truck. We hope that all parties involved consult with an experienced trial lawyer. If you have been injured in an accident, call my office for a free consultation and find out what your rights are.”

Traffic and Accident News Provided By Traffic Center News


Powered by WPeMatico


Top 25 Logo
American Association For Justice Logo
10 Best 2015 Logo
Bar Register Logo
Civil Trial Logo
Florida Bar Logo
Florida Justice Logo
Florida Legal Elite Bar Logo
Peer Rated Logo
Top 100 Logo
PBCBA Membership Logo

Are you ready to speak to an attorney?