West Palm Beach “Driver Not Sharing the Road” Motorcycle Accident Attorneys

If you’re injured in a motorcycle accident in West Palm Beach because another motorist failed to share the road, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The West Palm Beach motorcycle accident lawyers of Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. have been helping Florida residents get compensation for their motorcycle accident injuries for over four decades.

We can help you get your life back after a motorcycle accident by helping you file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your injuries. Call us today at (561) 689-8180 for a free consultation and learn how we can use our skills and experience to restore your well-being and peace of mind.

What Is a “Driver Not Sharing the Road” Motorcycle Accident?

This type of accident occurs when another driver denies a motorcyclist full use of the road. This can be caused by aggressive driving, distracted driving, or any other factor that makes a driver unwilling to yield or give the right of way to a motorcyclist. It could be denying a lane change to a motorcycle, tailgating, trying to force a motorcycle off the road, or blocking a motorcyclist from entering or exiting a roadway.

Do I Need an Attorney for My Motorcycle Accident?

If your accident is not severe, does not require hospitalization, and the damage to either vehicle is minor, filing an injury claim with the other driver’s insurance may not be necessary. But if the other driver injures you and damages your motorcycle because of their negligence, you should consider hiring an attorney and pursuing an injury claim for damages.

Although hiring an attorney to assist in filing your claim is not strictly necessary, there are many benefits to doing so, including:

  • We do the heavy lifting. We will take the time to investigate your accident, gather evidence, speak to witnesses and build your injury claim while you do the important task of recovering from your injuries and getting your life back on track after the accident. We take the lead at the negotiating table and use our knowledge of insurance company tactics to get you the most compensation possible for your injuries.
  • They know our name. Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. is a recognized name in personal injury law in Florida, and a letter from us demanding compensation for injuries carries more weight than a letter from an individual. When insurance companies see our letterhead, they may think twice about offering a settlement that is less than what you deserve.
  • We know the law. Damages, or losses, from a motorcycle accident aren’t only medical bills or repairs to your motorcycle. There are non-economic losses to consider, such as pain and suffering or mental distress. We can help you get compensation for all the losses you suffered due to the accident, and not just the ones that affect your pocketbook.
  • We may be able to get you more. Hiring an experienced attorney may mean a better chance at getting compensation and getting a higher amount of compensation. A survey from Martindale-Nolo research showed that having an attorney assist with filing your claim can raise your chances of getting a settlement or award significantly and that the dollar amounts of those awards are higher when you have an attorney.

Why Choose Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. for My Motorcycle Accident in West Palm Beach?

Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. has been helping West Palm Beach residents with their injury claims since 1978. We’ve been very successful in our work for the last four decades. How successful? We have obtained over a billion dollars in settlements and awards for our clients. We have a proven track record of getting positive results, and we can put that record to work for you. Have a look at our results page for more information.

We treat all of our clients with compassion and dignity because we understand the strain an accident and injury can put on an individual and their family. We will keep you informed every step of the way and provide excellent legal counsel rooted in our many years of experience with Florida personal injury law.

How Much Does a Personal Injury Attorney Cost in Florida?

The costs for hiring an attorney depend greatly on the type and severity of your accident and injuries. Fortunately, Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. understands that no one plans to be in a motorcycle accident. That’s why we work on a contingency-fee basis.

This means that we take all payment for our services out of any settlement or awards we obtain for our clients. You pay nothing out of your own pocket, and if we aren’t successful at getting you compensation for your accident, you pay us nothing at all. This arrangement means our clients don’t have to worry about paying for a lawyer immediately, along with all the other surprise expenses that appear after an accident.

Steps to Take After a “Driver Not Sharing the Road” Motorcycle Accident

If you’ve just had a motorcycle accident in West Palm Beach caused by the other driver not sharing the road, here are some steps you can take to stay safe:

  1. Leave the roadway. If you’re able, get out of traffic and get to a safe place where you can exchange information or assess injuries.
  2. Call the authorities. Get emergency medical personnel and police on site by calling 911.
  3. Get checked out. Even if you don’t believe you’ve been injured, let a medical team evaluate you to make sure. Injuries like internal bleeding or concussions can take time to manifest.
  4. Get insurance information. If possible, get all pertinent insurance info from any other involved parties. If you’re unable to write the information down, just take a photo with your mobile device.
  5. Document the scene. Start documenting the incident immediately. Take photos of all vehicles involved, and especially capture any visible damage. Get photos of the roadway, photograph your injuries, and take pictures of anything that might give insight into what happened. This information will be invaluable when building your injury claim.

Contact Us Today

Don’t let an angry driver keep you from enjoying the open road on a motorcycle. Call Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. at (561) 689-8180 today for a free consultation, and let us help you and your family get your lives back on track.

Website Design for Lawyers