Woman And 12-Year-Old Injured Caused By Teenage Girl

A 16-year-old Indian River County girl, accused of leading Florida Ridge police authorities on two separate high-speed chases in a year, has been placed on house arrest.

night driving 117

The Florida Highway Patrol reports the Indian River County girl denied charges of grand theft and failing to comply with a police order in the County Court. She has a court appearance at the end of the year.

Police authorities in the Cleveland suburb of South Beach said the girl sped off in her mom’s Bentley after she took away her video game console. She reached speeds of 70 to 90 mph as officers gave chase.

The pursuit ended about when the girl crashed into a parked truck. She sustained minor injuries

The truck which she crashed into, had a 32-year-old Palm Beach County woman and a 12-year-old girl inside. They both sustained severe head injuries and were rushed to a nearby hospital in Florida Ridge, Florida Highway Patrol officials said.

The main cause of the crash is still under investigation as the Indian River County Police officials are trying to figure out if alcohol or drugs had a part to play in the crash.


Accident attorney Jason Weisser of Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller and Overbeck responded to this unfortunate crash. “This is a serious accident resulting in injuries. We hope the investigators can quickly determine what caused the accident. Please be careful and obey the speed limits whenever you are driving a motorcycle, car, SUV or truck. We hope that all parties involved consult with an experienced trial lawyer. If you have been injured in an accident, call my office for a free consultation and find out what your rights are.”

Traffic and Accident News Provided By Traffic Center News


Powered by WPeMatico


Top 25 Logo
American Association For Justice Logo
10 Best 2015 Logo
Bar Register Logo
Civil Trial Logo
Florida Bar Logo
Florida Justice Logo
Florida Legal Elite Bar Logo
Peer Rated Logo
Top 100 Logo
PBCBA Membership Logo

Are you ready to speak to an attorney?