West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer
The West Palm Beach car accident lawyers at Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck, P.A., know just how devastating the effects of a car accident can be for all those involved. Even seemingly minor accidents can result in serious injuries, ongoing pain and suffering, and significant property damage, leaving accident victims with serious emotional, psychological, and financial burdens. To make matters worse, those who have to contend with these serious side effects often did nothing to cause the accident in question.
Fortunately, there are things that you can do if you were injured in a car accident because of another party’s recklessness or negligence. Filing a car accident lawsuit may be able to help you secure the financial compensation you need to pay for the financial costs of your accident. At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck, P.A., we’ve been helping car accident victims just like you for more than 35 years, so call us today at (561) 689-8180 and learn more about what our experienced team can do to help you through this difficult time.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck, P.A., we know that nothing can undo the trauma that you have suffered in a car accident. However, we also firmly believe that the parties responsible for causing car accidents need to be held responsible for their actions or inaction. As such, our attorneys are ready to help car accident victims in cases involving:
- Distracted Driving
- Head On Collisions
- Rear End Collisions
- Drunk Driving
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Insurance Claims
- Car Defects / Malfunction
From broken bones and lacerations to whiplash and brain damage, the effects of a car accident can be severe and long-lasting. At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck, P.A., we believe that accident victims should not have to shoulder the financial burden of an accident they did nothing to cause, and as such, we’re ready to help you take aggressive action against the person or entity responsible for your unnecessary suffering.
Five Things to Keep in Mind after an Accident
The minutes, hours, and days after a car accident occurs can be overwhelming, and many accident victims are unsure of exactly what they should do to protect their rights and their interests. Fortunately, there are certain steps you can take following an accident to help set yourself up for success:
- Gather all necessary Information: Even for minor accidents, gathering insurance information from the other party involved is crucial. Often, certain injuries or damage to your car may not be immediately noticeable, meaning you may have to seek compensation from the responsible party at a later time. You should also be sure to gather the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident so that they can help corroborate your side of the story if need be.
- Take pictures of damage: Taking pictures at the scene of the accident is extremely important. Not only can photos show vivid examples of any injuries and property damage, but they can also help specialists to reconstruct an accident, explaining exactly how the wreck occurred.
- Do not take blame for the accident: Even if you believe that the accident could have been your fault, other factors that surface later may reveal something different. However, if you take blame at the scene, you may be held solely responsible for the outcome of the crash. When an accident occurs, do not apologize or say it was your fault—simply gather the information you need.
- File a police report: Many people are hesitant to call police for an accident, especially if it was minor, but police reports can be the best way to corroborate statements and prove facts later on. Calling the police after an accident occurs can be one of the best lines of defense against another party lying in the future.
- Go to the hospital: The time period after an accident is not the time to suck it up and not get checked out. Injuries such as whiplash are not immediately noticeable after an accident, but need to be diagnosed as soon as possible in order to receive the best treatment. This can also ensure that you have medical records to prove your injuries were caused by the accident.
The lawyers at Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck, P.A., know that even individuals who take all of the proper steps following an accident may still find themselves in a compromising situation due to the negligence of another individual. When this is the case, legal action may be necessary. Don’t wait—call our offices today to start building your case.
Contact a West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Seeking the compensation you need after a car accident might seem overwhelming, but fortunately, it is not something you have to handle on your own. Let the experienced team of West Palm Beach car accident lawyers at Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck, P.A., help you fight for justice. Call us today at (561) 689-8180 and learn more about what our experienced team is prepared to do for you.