Being injured in an accident can be a frightening and stressful experience, leaving you with questions about what to do next. With medical bills piling up but no income coming in, you may be in a precarious financial situation. If the accident was not your fault, it is even more frustrating to navigate such a difficult situation because of someone else’s mistake.
Do not spend another day stressing or suffering alone. The attorneys at Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. are here for you in your time of need. Our team of experienced Florida personal injury lawyers is determined to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Whether you were injured in a car accident, an accident at work, a botched medical procedure, or a slip and fall, Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. has experienced, empathetic attorneys who will vigorously fight for your rights. Let us handle the details of your case while you focus on your recovery. Contact Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. at 561.689.8180 today for a free consultation.
Why Hire Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A.
Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. is known around the state of Florida and among Dearfield Beach citizens for our client-oriented and effective representation in a broad range of personal injury cases. Institutions recognize our attorneys like the American Association for Justice, Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, and the Florida Bar Association as top lawyers in the state.
Our clients describe our team as “very professional and knowledgeable regarding every aspect of my injury case,” “attentive and thorough,” “higher than five stars,” and “part of our family forever.” You can read more testimonials from our clients here.
Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. also achieves results. Here are some highlights of our successful cases:
- $20 million verdict for an 18-year-old female who suffered a brain injury in a motor vehicle accident
- $6.45 million verdict for a widow whose husband walked out of a nursing home and subsequently drowned in a pond
- $5 million settlement in a boat explosion case in which a 65-year-old woman suffered burns to 52 percent of her body
- $4.5 million settlement for a woman in her 50s suffering brain damage after surgery
- $2.6 million settlement for a 50-year-old plaintiff who contracted food poisoning at a resort, resulting in a fall that caused a traumatic brain injury
- $2.275 million settlement for a hot water scalding of a 4-year-old girl due to the landlord’s negligence and product defect in the water heater
- $1.995 million settlement in the case of a single-engine plane crash caused by negligent maintenance and repair and FAA violations by the airport
Types of Cases We Handle
Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. handles a range of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Boating accidents
- Wrongful death
- Truck accidents
- Slip and falls
- Motorcycle accidents
- Mass torts
- Personal injury protection
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Airplane accidents
- Birth injuries
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Dog bites
Types of Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
If you suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault, you might be eligible for compensation for the financial, physical, mental, and emotional impact of the accident. The amount of compensation will depend on several factors, including the extent of your injuries and the level of responsibility by the other party. Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. can help you fight for fair compensation for the losses you experienced. These losses could include:
- Medical bills — Whether it’s one bill for one emergency room visit or a stack of bills for emergency care, surgery, round-the-clock in-patient hospital care, and physical therapy, Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. can help you pursue compensation to cover these costs associated with the accident.
- Ongoing medical treatment — Some severe injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and lost limbs, can result in years of medical treatment as well as adjustments needed in your home and vehicle. You may be entitled to compensation for the long-term physical treatment needed after the accident.
- Lost wages — If you must miss work due to your injuries and treatment, you may be able to recover compensation for your lost wages.
- Property damage — If the accident resulted in your property being damaged, such as your motor vehicle, you could pursue compensation to replace or repair the damaged property.
- Wrongful death — If you lost a loved one in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, no amount of money could heal that hurt. However, Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. can help you hold the guilty party accountable for their actions by seeking compensation for your loss and pain, and suffering.
- Pain and suffering — The pain and suffering you experienced because of the accident can be difficult to quantify. An experienced personal injury attorney at Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. can help you determine how much compensation you might be eligible to receive for your pain and suffering. Contact us today.
Liable Parties in Personal Injury Cases
Depending on the details of the accident, one or several parties could be held liable in a personal injury case. Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. can investigate your case, analyze the facts and their application to the law, and pursue the responsible party or parties for compensation. The following are examples of common liable parties in personal injury cases:
- Driver of the other motor vehicle
- Trucking company
- Maker of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle parts
- Negligent mechanic
- Business or property owner
- Product makers
- Employers in a variety of industries
- Medical professionals
Contact Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. Today
If you were injured in an accident that was not your fault, Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. is ready to be your advocate. We can help you pursue the responsible party or parties for compensation while you focus on rest and recovery. But don’t delay. It can take time to gather necessary evidence, evaluate your legal options, and complete and file the appropriate legal documents. According to Florida’s statute of limitations, you must pursue a personal injury claim within four years of the accident.
That’s why you should contact Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. today at 561.689.8180. Our experienced Florida personal injury attorneys are available for a free and confidential consultation about your case. We look forward to advocating for you.