1615 Forum Pl #4
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
If you sustained injuries in an accident someone else caused, you might be entitled to financial compensation. At Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A., we have more than 40 years of experience representing accident victims in personal injury cases. We could help you hold the at-fault party liable for their actions and pursue the compensation you deserve.
It’s normal to assume you can eat at a restaurant, go boating, drive your car, or get on an airplane without being placed in harm’s way. Many people don’t go about their lives expecting to get hurt. However, unexpected accidents can occur anywhere. When they happen, the victims can suffer injuries that require medical care. The negligent individual or company responsible for harming someone should be held accountable.
The Wellington personal injury lawyers of Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. have the resources to investigate the accident you were in to determine who was at fault. We can gather the available evidence to prove what happened and recover the money you’re owed so you can pay for your medical treatment and other expenses. You will have a dedicated and knowledgeable team on your side to guide you through the process and provide the support you need.
Call Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. today at 561.689.8180 for your free consultation.
Personal Injury Cases Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. Handles
At Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A., we have experienced personal injury lawyers in Wellington, FL, to handle a range of personal injury cases, including:
- Medical malpractice – Healthcare professionals must exercise the degree of care necessary to prevent harming their patients. A doctor, anesthesiologist, nurse, or another medical provider could be liable for a patient’s injury or death due to negligent actions.
- Boating accidents – Residents and tourists can enjoy year-round boating in Florida. Although spending time on the water is fun, it can also be dangerous. Collisions with other vessels, falls overboard, and drowning can occur. A careless boat operator or another party could be at fault for a passenger’s injury.
- Wrongful death – Fatalities can occur, whether from medical malpractice, a motor vehicle accident, dangerous product, or poor maintenance on someone else’s property. Surviving family members can pursue a wrongful death case against the individual or company responsible for their loved one’s death.
- Premises liability – Property owners are responsible for maintaining their properties, so they’re safe for visitors. Dangerous conditions can lead to accidents, causing injuries to guests. Property owners can be liable for the hazards on their properties that cause harm to others.
- Dog bites – Dog bite injuries can cause severe damage. A dog’s teeth can rupture the skin and damage the nerves, tendons, and muscles below. Dog owners can be liable for injuries their dogs cause while the victim is lawfully in a private place or on public property.
- Slip and falls – A slip and fall happens when someone slips or trips on a hazard on a poorly maintained property. Obstructed walkways, wet floors, and loose rugs commonly lead to slip and fall injuries.
- Birth injuries – Adequate care during pregnancy, labor, and delivery is necessary to keep mother and her baby safe. The doctor’s failure to diagnose an illness, a mistake during delivery, or another negligent act can harm the baby or mother.
- Car accidents – Car crashes are unexpected and can lead to serious injuries and fatalities. Human error often plays a role in collisions between two passenger cars. Victims can file an insurance claim to compensate for the losses suffered in the accident.
- Truck accidents – Truck drivers must operate commercial trucks safely around others. Navigating a large vehicle through traffic can be a challenge. It requires experience and skill. Truck driver fatigue, distraction, or inattention can cause a devastating crash with small cars.
- Airplane accidents – Airplane accidents typically lead to death. Surviving family can hold the pilot, airline, or another party liable for their loved one’s death in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists have an increased risk of life-threatening injuries during accidents with cars and trucks. It’s harder for other drivers to see motorcycles on the road. Changing lanes, turning, and behaving recklessly at the wheel can cause a crash with a motorcycle.
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrians don’t have the same protections as the occupants of motor vehicles. They’re out in the open and vulnerable to the full force of an impact during a collision with a car. If a driver doesn’t stop at a crosswalk or check for foot traffic before turning, they could collide with someone crossing the street.
- Nursing home abuse – Nursing facilities provide older adults with daily care and assistance. Patients typically have a physical disability or cognitive illness and can’t take care of themselves. Family members can pursue legal action against the nursing home or individual responsible for their loved one’s injuries due to abuse or neglect.
- Product liability – Product defects result from errors that occur during the manufacture, design, or marketing of a product. Even if consumers use the product as intended, they could get hurt due to the inherent danger.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in any of these circumstances, contact the experienced legal team at Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. to speak with one of our Wellington personal injury lawyers about your case.
Compensation Available After an Accident in Wellington
When you sustain injuries in an accident someone else causes, you can file a claim with their insurance company. Before you do that, though, you can submit your medical expenses through your own auto insurance policy for payment under your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage, which is mandatory in Florida.
When you file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company, you can pursue compensation for your accident-related expenses, such as:
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement or physical impairment
- Damage to personal property
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Loss of household services
- Car rental and repair (for motor vehicle accidents)
If you choose to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party, you can also seek punitive damages. This form of compensation is a punishment against the defendant. To receive this financial award, you must show clear and convincing evidence of the defendant’s gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
There is a four-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Florida. That means you must file your lawsuit within four years of the accident date if you want to pursue compensation for your losses. Once the deadline passes, you could lose your right to obtain money from the at-fault party through the court system.
The Wellington personal injury lawyers of Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. have represented accident victims since 1978. We will fight by your side to hold the negligent party liable for causing your injuries.
If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one in an accident due to another person or company’s negligence, contact Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. at 561.689.8180, or reach out to us online for your free consultation today.