Mr. Schuler has actively been involved in representing plaintiffs in Civil Trial Litigation throughout the State of Florida and nationally.
Starting the firm in 1978, Mr. Schuler has represented thousands of clients resulting in close $1 billion in settlements. He was given the esteemed honor of being voted by his peers for inclusion in the book, “Best Lawyers in America,” first in 1995, and again for 2021 and 2022.
One of his most-notable cases was representing the family of Robert Stevens, a local journalist who died as a result of exposure to anthrax during the 2001 Anthrax attacks.
Mr. Schuler’s areas of expertise include: Aviation Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Product and Premises Liability, Auto/Truck/Motorcycle Accidents, Mass Torts and Class Actions, Toxic Exposure, and Wrongful Death. He has held several preeminent leadership roles including: Past President of the Palm Beach County Bar Association; Past President of the Palm Beach County Justice Association; Past President of American Board of Trial Advocates; and Chairman of the Circuit Civil Court Advisory Committee of Palm Beach County Bar Association, just to name a few.
Born in New York City, Mr. Schuler is a graduate of Cornell University and Syracuse University and has been Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a Civil Trial Lawyer since 1984. Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Schuler was a “Pelecypod Extractor,” (aka, professional clam-digger) in college, and he also served with honors as a trained United States Army Combat Medic.
When he is not in the office or the courtroom, Mr. Schuler can be found in the Jupiter area spending time with his family, including his wife, Angela, and his son, Eric.
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1972
Graduated in top 10% of Class Dean’s List Honors Graduate Served on NY State Eminent Domain Commission revising Eminent Domain Law for NY
A.B., Cornell University, 1968
Chairman Undergraduate Judiciary Board President Delta Chi Fraternity
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Florida, 1973
- New York, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
Professional Service Activities
- President of the Palm Beach County Bar Association for 2008-2009
- Board of Directors and President of Palm Beach County Trial Lawyers Association
- Chairman, Circuit Civil Court Advisory Committee of Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Lecturer for Statewide CLE Seminars for the Florida Bar Association
- Lecturer for Statewide CLE Seminars for the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- President, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Served on the New York State Eminent Domain Commission revising Eminent Domain Law for New York
Publications of outlines and articles for the liability and trial seminars given all over the State of Florida have included the following topics:
- Breach of Security
- Medical Malpractice
- Voir Dire/Jury Selection
- Use of Demonstrative Evidence at Trial
- Effective Opening Statement
- Conduct of Direct and Cross Examination
- Conducted “People’s Law School” in Palm Beach County for over six years
- Closing Argument
- Nursing Home Liability
- Contributor and/or organizer of events for Legal Aid Society Palm Beach County:
- Leukemia Society
- Hospice Palm Beach County
- Heart Association
- Child Keepers International, Inc.
- Chamber of Commerce Palm Beach County and
- Stop Children’s Cancer, Inc.
- Born in New York City, New York
- Resides in Jupiter, Florida with one son, Eric Alexander Schuler