NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN. WE WILL TRAVEL TO YOU.
West Palm Beach Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
If you or your loved one suffered serious injuries in a pedestrian accident, you have a right to demand compensation from the driver at fault for your injuries and suffering. To receive that compensation, however, you will likely need the assistance of an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer. Contact the injury lawyers of Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. today at 561.689.8180.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) defines a pedestrian as any person on foot, walking, running, jogging, hiking, in a wheelchair, sitting, or lying down. NHTSA reports that an annual 5,000 pedestrians die each year in motor vehicle accidents, and thousands of others suffer from non-vehicular accidents that occur due to poor maintenance, sidewalk or parking lot defects, or construction interference.
Upon injury from either a vehicle or a property defect, it is possible for one to recover damages if the injuries suffered were caused by another party’s negligence.
However, the legal complications that surround filing and pursuing such a case are vast. If you aren’t fully knowledgeable of the proceedings of the court and what is expected, it is likely that you will be unable to secure the compensation you desperately need. The legal system must be navigated with skill and knowledge in order to succeed.
At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A., our West Palm Beach pedestrian accident attorneys have over 35 years of practice guiding clients through this process and representing them in a way that cuts through the inevitable confusion. We know what it takes to prove a driver was at fault for your injuries, and we know how to aggressively pursue your case so that we can maximize the amount of your settlement.
If you or someone you care about has been injured or died in a pedestrian accident in West Palm Beach, Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve. We care about setting your situation right, which is why we don’t get paid until we’ve won your case for you. Contact us at 561.689.8180 to find out more about how we can help you.
How a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
There are many aspects of your case that must be assessed and presented to the court when filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit. Without the help of a knowledgeable attorney, it can be difficult to present a robust case while also maintaining your rights throughout the process. When assessing your situation, a lawyer can provide helpful guidance on a variety of actions that may need to be taken, including:
- Establishing reliable evidence of a defendant’s negligence
- Determining which parties may be held responsible for the injury
- Navigating premises liability claims and establishing proof of dangerous conditions
- Proving your exercise of “reasonable care” as a pedestrian at the time of the incident
The items listed above are only a broad outline of some the components of the legal process that must be covered. An attorney will have all of the experience necessary to fight for your rights.
Why You Should Bring Your Case to Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A.
Successfully pursuing your pedestrian accident case takes more than just a cursory understanding of the law. Few lawyers can provide the experience, successful case history, and dedication that you will get with Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A..
We have more than three decades of experience taking on claims just like yours and getting unbelievable results for our clients. We have won millions of dollars for clients who desperately needed those settlements.
We understand the trust you put in us when you put your case in our hands, and we respond to that trust by providing you with the best legal arguments and aggressive legal tactics that overcome insurance company tactics and maximize settlements.
Our dedication and legal skills have won us numerous awards, including a place among Florida’s Legal Elite. Bring your pedestrian case to us, and you can rest assured knowing you will receive the best legal assistance available in West Palm Beach.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Florida
In 2017, there were almost 9,500 pedestrian accidents in Florida. 652 died as a result of those accidents. Pedestrian accidents can happen in a variety of ways, including:
- Drivers ignoring traffic signs: You have the right to cross at a stop sign or when the traffic signals tell you it is your turn. Unfortunately, some drivers ignore these signals and signs, thus causing an accident.
- Drivers darting out at crossings: Drivers may shoot out into cross areas either because they aren’t paying attention, they didn’t stop soon enough, or because they want to make a quick turn. If a pedestrian is crossing at that time, they can be seriously injured in a resulting collision.
- Drivers driving inappropriately in intersections: Many pedestrian accidents occur in intersections where drivers are rushed trying to beat lights or aren’t paying enough attention.
- Drivers turning improperly: Making an illegal turn can seem like a good idea in an instant of frustration, but those turns can leave pedestrians unaware of the vehicles coming their way.
- Drivers backing up without care: A driver may back out of a parking spot or driveway without looking.
- Distracted drivers: One of the most common causes of all car accidents, and certainly a leading cause of pedestrian accidents, distracted driving occurs whenever a driver takes their attention off the road. Common distractions include being on the phone, using social media, changing the radio, eating and drinking, chatting with others in the car, or just daydreaming. Distracted drivers can be held accountable for any accidents they cause.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): When an individual gets into a vehicle and starts driving after they’ve been drinking or using drugs, they increase the risk of causing devastating pedestrian accidents. If they test positive for drugs or alcohol, they can be held liable for all damages.
Non-vehicular pedestrian accidents can also be caused when property owners fail to maintain sidewalks, parking lots, and other elements of their property. If you are injured in a non-vehicular pedestrian accident, you will likely want to pursue a premises liability claim.
If you are uncertain whether you should pursue compensation for your pedestrian accident, contact Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. right away to discuss the specifics of your case. We’re happy to advise you and to represent you, should you choose to pursue your case.
Contact a West Palm Beach Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The setbacks that come with pedestrian accidents are often crippling, both financially and physically. At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A., we firmly believe that anyone who sustains serious injuries in a pedestrian accident deserves the opportunity to have a swift and stress-free experience seeking compensation for the medical bills and lost wages they now have to deal with. Our West Palm Beach pedestrian accident lawyers put over three decades of practice into representing every client to the fullest. To begin discussing the particulars of your case, call 561.689.8180.