1615 Forum Pl #4
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
West Palm Beach Negligent Security Attorneys
If you or someone you love has been injured due to negligent security on another person’s property, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your suffering. The West Palm Beach negligent security lawyers at Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. are dedicated to helping victims of personal injury recover compensation for the high cost of their medical expenses, lost wages, and suffering. You should be able to feel safe while you are visiting another person’s property, as it is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure that proper security measures prevent crimes.
When a property owner’s negligence causes you to be injured or assaulted, they should be held legally responsible. To learn more about your legal rights in a negligent security case, contact Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. today at 561.689.8180 for a free consultation with a legal professional. We charge you nothing unless you receive financial compensation.
Do I Need A Negligent Security Lawyer?
In order to prove that the security on the premises where you were injured was inadequate, it is necessary to be aware of specific, nuanced laws. For example, the type of security that the law deems necessary for one type of property is not necessarily the same for another type of property. A knowledgeable attorney can make your case as strong as possible, proving to the insurance company or court of law that a lapse in security led to your injury.
Along with a solid understanding of all the laws regarding premises liability, a skilled lawyer will have the resources necessary to make a full investigation of your case, and ample experience winning similar cases for previous clients. This means that you will have the greatest chance of winning your case, and likely a larger payout in the end. It is wise to trust a lawyer to fight on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
Why Choose Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. to Handle My Case?
At Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A., we know how difficult and frustrating it is to sustain an injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence. Our experienced team of lawyers is dedicated to fighting for your legal rights while we give you the best client service of any legal team in Florida. We know that coming to our offices may be physically painful for many clients who have sustained injury. That’s why we come to you for all of our consultations. Our firm also has an extensive track record of success, having earned billions of dollars for clients over the years. We know that the expenses from serious personal injuries can quickly add up and be debilitating to families. This is not something you should have to deal with on top of the pain and challenges of your injury.
At Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. we work hard to recover the costs related to your injury. We provide you with quality representation on a contingency-fee basis. That means we charge no legal fees unless you receive financial compensation.
Legal Guidelines for Security
When attempting to prove that negligent security on a premises has caused your injury, there are several factors that must be considered, which are heavily dependent on the type of business and where the business is located. Such factors include:
- Interior Security: Property owners need to have sufficient security measures inside a building including security cameras or security personnel.
- Exterior Security: Property owners need to secure the perimeter of the building, especially in high-traffic areas, with decent security measures like proper lighting in parking lots or access areas.
- Employee Security: To ensure security within a business or property, a business owner is responsible for screening job applicants and conducting background checks on employees. They are also responsible for teaching employees to recognize and report suspicious activity.
- Administrative Duty: Property or business owners must maintain a system for people to report and record information about criminal activity in the area or other safety concerns on or near the premises.
With these security measures, business owners are setting up a “duty of care,” a legal term that means that a premise is taking steps to secure their patrons. The duty of care does not have a universal standard, but depends on the following factors:
- The Nature of the Business on the Premises: Different types of businesses call for different security measures. For example, a bar or club will usually have a security guard on site, while a restaurant will likely not have security personnel.
- Location of the Incident: If an injury or assault occurred in a busy, high-traffic area of the premises (like the lobby or another main area), there is a higher chance of property-owner liability than if an incident happened in the back of a parking lot or an alley behind the building.
- Crime Statistics in the Area: If a business is located in an area that has a history of high crime statistics, and the property owner is aware of that danger, then higher security measures need to be in place.
Specific security measures like the following also contribute to negligent security:
- Inadequate lighting in and around the premises
- Lack of a properly-trained security staff
- Inadequate security staff
- Lack of enough functioning security cameras
- Failing to remove suspicious or troublesome people
Any of these security lapses can mean that a property owner may be held liable for your injuries. Our skilled lawyers can make a full investigation, taking all of these details into account in order to show that negligent security measures caused your injuries.
Contact Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. Today
It is a property owner’s responsibility to ensure your safety on their premises. If you were injured or assaulted on their property, you should not have to be financially responsible for the medical treatment or pain and suffering you have endured. The premises liability lawyers at Schuler, Weisser, Zoeller, Overbeck & Baxter P.A. are here to defend your legal rights in a personal injury and premises liability case. We will fight to get you the financial compensation you deserve. Call us today at 561.689.8180 for a free initial consultation.