West Palm Beach Boating Accident Lawyers
At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A., our West Palm Beach boating accident lawyers have seen just how dangerous and devastating a boating accident caused by someone’s recklessness or negligence can be. Unfortunately, Florida has some of the highest boating accident rates in the country. In far too many of these incidents, the accident sadly could have been prevented if one or more parties had exercised greater caution in a given situation.
If you were involved in a boating accident at the hands of a negligent party, you might be entitled to financial compensation. We at Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. have handled multi-million dollar boat accident claims throughout Florida, giving us the experience and understanding you need on your side if you’ve been injured in an accident on the water. Our commitment to our clients and our track record of successful verdicts and settlements are the reasons why so many other people in West Palm Beach and across the state of Florida have turned to us when they’ve been hurt. We’re ready to do the same for you, so call our West Palm Beach boating accident attorneys at (561) 689-8180, chat with us live, or fill out a contact form on our website. Our consultations are always free and 100% confidential, so don’t wait to speak with us.
What to Do After a Boating Accident
If you or someone you love is involved in a boating accident, it is important to keep the following steps in mind. Even if you have already been injured in a boat accident, it’s not too late to get help. The experienced attorneys at Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. are always ready to take on your claim and help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Report the Accident: Reporting a boat accident is necessary to preserve the record of events that caused the incident. Failing to report the accident could lead to doubts being put on the legitimacy of your claim. Even if it is uncertain that any damage has been incurred, report any boating accident you have been involved in to the authorities.
- Gather Boater and Insurance Information: It is important to gather as much information on the other boater and any witnesses involved in the incident as possible. Their names, contact information, insurance information, and boat information are all useful when filing a claim and making a case for recovery.
- Seek and Continue Medical Treatment: While most boat accidents cause injuries that are noticeable right away, other accidents may have more subtle consequences. Regardless of what you feel right after an accident, seek medical treatment as soon as possible – your doctor might notice things you missed. Make sure you continue this treatment to demonstrate to insurance companies that your injuries are as severe as you claim.
- Contact an Attorney: Even if you think you can handle your case on your own, contact an attorney from Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. for a consultation. At the very least, an attorney can help offer you some guidance as to your rights. An attorney will also be able to give you some feedback as to the strength of your claim. When you retain the services of one of our attorneys, you are looking at an increased potential for success in receiving the compensation you legally deserve.
Even if you skip some of these steps, contacting an attorney from Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. is always an option available to you, and is the best way to reach a resolution to your case that is the most beneficial to you and your family.
Boating Accident Cases Are Complex
Whatever the damages are that you have suffered as a result of a boating accident, trying to handle the case on your own is not a risk worth taking. These cases require careful handling when it comes to insurance company communications, collecting medical bills and doctor’s diagnoses, monitoring injuries, and following up with medical providers for continuity of care. If your case goes to court, then discovery is usually served on both parties and mountains of paperwork will follow. Sometimes depositions are taken. The process of handling any boating accident claim is long, complicated, and overwhelming. Hiring an attorney from Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. can alleviate this burden that you are facing. Calling (561) 689-8180 today to discuss your case will help ensure that your case will be properly handled.
Why Choose Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A.?
The lawyers of Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. have the experience and knowledge you need to win your case. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages related to boating accidents for our clients in the past, and we are ready to do the same for you. We are widely respected in the Flordia community for our compassion and professionalism. Furthermore, we work on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
Boating Accident Cases We Handle
Any vehicle collision can cause serious injuries and other losses, but boat accidents are some of the most potentially dangerous accidents an individual can be involved in, as victims are also at risk of drowning. At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A., our West Palm Beach boat accident lawyers have handled a wide variety of boating accident cases, and we’re ready to put our years of experience to work on cases involving:
- Boating Under the Influence
- Reckless Boat Operation
- Improper Safety Equipment
- Failure to Adhere to Posted Laws
Any act of recklessness while on a boat can put everyone on or near the vessel at risk. As such, it’s vital that negligent boat operators are held accountable when their actions result in harm to others.
The Consequences of Boating Accidents
Boating accidents often lead to severe and life-changing injuries. Aside from bodily damage caused by impact upon collision, you are at risk of drowning if another boater has hit you. When victims of boating accidents go into the water, consciousness may be lost, traumatic brain injury may occur due to lack of oxygen, and long-lasting mental and emotional changes may occur. Psychological impacts may also be felt in the form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This will not only affect your ability to boat again, but the symptoms of PTSD will often arise in other circumstances not related to the trauma-inducing event. As a result, your relationships and dynamics with family and friends could be affected for the rest of your life. When added to the physical injuries that one can suffer in a boating accident, such as broken bones, bruises, cuts, and the potential of lost limbs, it paints a very dire situation for injured boaters.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a boating accident, do not let the person who acted recklessly or negligently escape liability. If a boater hit you and you sustained injuries, you have rights. That boater should be held responsible for the impact they have had on you, your life, your family, your friends, and your work. Seeking the help of an attorney to assess the circumstances surrounding the accident, the injuries you have sustained, and the projection of future treatment is critical to ensuring that you are fully compensated. Call one of the experienced boating attorneys at Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A. today to ensure that your rights and interests are protected and that you are awarded the compensation you are legally entitled to receive.
Contact a West Palm Beach Boating Accident Lawyer Today
At Schuler, Halvorson, Weisser, Zoeller & Overbeck P.A., we’re ready to help you if you’ve suffered an injury or other losses in a boating accident that was caused by someone else’s carelessness or reckless actions. Trying to handle your case alone can lead to you and your family getting less than you legally deserve. Hiring an attorney as soon as possible is key to ensuring success in your claim. Learn more about what our West Palm Beach boating accident lawyers can do to fight for your rights in this situation by calling us today at (561) 689-8180.